Pan Blackened Salmon
This is my old standby because it never fails! Iv'e literally made this dish 100's of times and never ruined it once!
(a record for me!) It's fast and easy, my favorite way to cook!
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 fillets fresh salmon
4 tablespoons cajun seasoning
1. Turn on oven to 350.
2. Liberally oil bottom of pan with a good grade of Olive Oil.
3. Dip Salmon Fronts into Olive Oil. to completely cover the front side of the salmon.
4. Sprinkle Cajun Blackening Spice evenly over salmon, rub it gently in and sprinkle a bit more on to evenly cover.
5. Flip the Salmon over & sear over medium high heat, shaking the pan often so it dosen't stick for about 3 to 5 minutes. Do Not go for more than 5 minutes as it will start to fall apart & be simply impossible to turn back over!
6. Cover pan tightly with foil and put in hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes depending on thickness of cut.
7. Uncover Salmon & turn up the oven to 425 for an additional 5 to 7 minutes checking often to get just the right blackened color.
8. You can see how in this final picture the Salmon started to flake open, this is a sure sign of it being done. We had our Salmon with a side of white rice & a simple salad & it was Delicious!
Recipe by California Seed Company.com